A Ride for Baby Granton

Granton Bayless is a six month old little boy from Bolivar, Missouri. In March of 2008, Granton was diagnosed with Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID.) SCID is a rare genetic disorder in which the immune system fails to develop. Granton is the light of his parents' life and has become the focus of prayer for a countless number of friends, family, and others. The financial strain on Granton's Mom and Dad has already been great and has only been overshadowed by the emotional strain they have felt over these last few weeks. On June 16th, 2008, I will set off on a five day, 330 mile solo bicycle ride to raise money for Granton's family. Your pledges will allow us all to attempt to help alleviate some of this financial strain. This Blog will let you know how you can contribute, as well as keeping you updated on the progress leading up to and during the ride.

Thank you for your support and Prayers,
Jayme Green

Friday, June 20, 2008

Day Five-End of the Road

The ride is officially over! I went 23.7 miles in 1 hour & 31 minutes, just an easy last day ride from Stockton Lake to Bolivar. The end of the ride party was great. I got to Wellspring Baptist around 7:30 pm and did a lap around the parking lot with all the kids. Jenni & Daniel were there along with a large part of my family and several of the people who contributed to the ride including The McCullahs and others that helped them plan the event and Kay, Jenna, & Jerra from Sunshine Bike Shop. The bike was raffled off and raised about $1200 dollars, it was pretty hard to give it away after more than 350 on it but now hopefully someone else will get as much use as I did from it over the last week. At last approximation, the Granton Bayless Benefit Ride had raised approximately $8000.00 for Jenni, Daniel, & Baby G! I'm going to bed now and tomorrow I get to go home-I miss my wife and boy and can't wait to see them. Thanks to everybody who helped with the ride, whether you put us up, fed us, donated, or even just prayed. I'll post more tomorrow. Keep an eye on the blog, there is still money coming in and I'll keep posting even now that it's over.

5 comments:

xioc1138 said...

Congratulations on this! Looking forward to see you Saturday evening.

Anonymous said...

I read about your trip on K-LOVE's website (www.klove.com). I just wanted to say I wish there were more people who would do something like that for those that truly need it. I praise God for his provisions, care, love, & helping you along the way. I'm so glad you made it home safe & sound. My hat's off to you, officer!

Jeanette Williams,
OKC, OK

Anonymous said...

Thank you for what you have done for your family Jayme. I can't imagine riding a bicycle for all those miles, up and down those huge hills. I am proud of you. I've always known you were special. I wanted to keep you for myself on the day you were born. Unfortunately, your mother did not agree with me. Tell Tobe thanks too. I love you. Aunt Jacki

Anonymous said...

Jayme and Tobe,
Great job fellas! We are so glad you guys arrived safe and sound to your final destination. Looks like you have done a great job with the raising of funds.
May God continue to bless you both.
Thank you to all who have participated for the benefit of Granton, Daniel and Jenni.
- Blair and Amanda Millemon

Anonymous said...

Jayme and Toby, Just a note to tell you we are so proud of you guys for doing your HUGE part in helping Jenni, Daniel and Granton! What a wonderful gift to them!!! Love you, Uncle Jerry & Aunt Ellen Dougherty