A Ride for Baby Granton

Granton Bayless is a six month old little boy from Bolivar, Missouri. In March of 2008, Granton was diagnosed with Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID.) SCID is a rare genetic disorder in which the immune system fails to develop. Granton is the light of his parents' life and has become the focus of prayer for a countless number of friends, family, and others. The financial strain on Granton's Mom and Dad has already been great and has only been overshadowed by the emotional strain they have felt over these last few weeks. On June 16th, 2008, I will set off on a five day, 330 mile solo bicycle ride to raise money for Granton's family. Your pledges will allow us all to attempt to help alleviate some of this financial strain. This Blog will let you know how you can contribute, as well as keeping you updated on the progress leading up to and during the ride.

Thank you for your support and Prayers,
Jayme Green

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Resting Up

I'm in Iowa, celebrating my parents' anniversary and trying to get some rest. I've been taking it easy and getting ready for Monday morning. I got to see Sandy and Todd this afternoon for the anniversary party, they told me everybody on their end is getting fired up for the ride and I definately am as well. Toby is here with me and he's ready to go too. We'll head back to Kansas tomorrow and double check that we have everything ready to go. Nothing much else to report, just two more days!

No comments: